Bloom where you're planted

There was something I really wanted. Really, I mean really. But I had this long conversation with God, and He said, "but I need you to do other things". Ugh. I hate that. Can't I just have my way? Come on, please, please? Nope. It's not about you. It's about Me.
And you know, I am sitting here typing at the volunteer office, doing what I love, using a gift God gave me. He's always right. Always.

Jerm 7:23-25 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you. 24 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward.
**Update
I was driving home from Grace Centers of Hope, I had worked in the office, saw one of my dear friends, we met volunteering, and we have become such great friends, I was thinking on my way home how God is always faithful. How even when I am not, He is. I was thinking about things that I have gotten an answer about, I don't like the answer, and I try to go on my own. Dumb. How much easier things are when we do it God's way. When we remember that He does know better than us, how great it is when He prompts our hearts and we listen, to call a friend, to read a book. I think that's one thing that if I could tell anyone anything about God, if I could just remind myself about (sometimes I know but I forget- uh-um) that if we are faithful in God's work, in His word, and with His love. Life is so worth living.
Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Amen to this one! Nice song you've linked to.
Trish said…
Love the scripture!