Going Home

Col 3:14-15 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

I'm telling you, I have felt in the last week like I am carrying around 500 lbs of stuff. Not bad stuff but a big pile of stuff that God handed me to pray for, almost to say "here it is, do you trust Me to take care of it, pray about it, and give it back to Me."

Every Wednesday, I make the trek up to Pontiac, it's something I look forward to all week but Phyllis has Carmina Burana practice for about 6 weeks (almost 2 down) and the days vary every week, except it's on EVERY Wednesday. We were not thrilled, considering Phyllis does not like the music, and she has to miss core groups, it's been a trial, and I have to miss my Grace Gospel Fellowship Wednesdays, we are not happy, but soemtimes that's just the way it is, I need some kind of mid-week service to get me through, probably sounds completely ridiculous to some of you, but I NEED it. Yesterday I was in the car on my way home and God reminded me of First Baptist of Wyandotte's Prayer Service. Its the church that I attended when I was saved. Their pastor is great, it's exactly what they talk about when they say "your church family". It's like your first home. And I guess you really always can go back. I still get their monthly mailing, and it always makes me smile to see all the things God is doing there and how His love shines through it's members. Going to their prayer service will probably be on my calender for the next 3 weeks or so.

On my way home I was thinking about the church, I was thinking about the day I 'told' Pastor Jim's wife (Kim), " I want to be baptized on Sunday". It was a Wednesday after she had talked about Proverbs 3:5-6. I remember, like all in all important dates in your life, like it was yesterday, even though it was about 3 1/2 years ago.

Then I was thinking about my sister Sue. Everyone thought we would love each other, they thought we would be the best of friends, and we became way more than that. She is my friend, my mentor, my teacher, and most importantly, my sister. I think of Sue and smile. I made her sit next to me during prayer service, you gotta keep your sisters close you know... Thinking about all this, I still have the card she gave me years ago, taped on the inside of my doorway into my kitchen from my dining room. It looks kind of dorky, but as they say at GGF... "well..." She was in the back with me when I was baptized, we sang AND danced in the back in great celebration of what I was doing, "OOOO OOOO OOOO let it rise!! ...Let the glory of the Lord, rise among us". She's doing a prayer vigil in March, I told her that it might be against "the rules" but if she needed help, to let me know. And here's the thing, it's at "their" church but I can assure you, all are welcome. Stop up there on March 14th, let's be unified in the body of Christ.

You may play a different role, it may not be the way you remembered it, exactly, but you can always go "home".

Psalm 133:1 How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!

Comments