Graduation


My friend Kevin graduates from Grace Centers of Hope on Sunday, he was officially done in October, but is now in after-care living on Seneca Street. Not everyone who walks into Grace Centers of Hope is addicted to drugs. Kevin lost hope. He was shell, he would tell you that. There were a lot of things that lead up to Kevin going to GCH. If you want to know all that, you could ask him. Today, it will be a spotlight on him.

Kevin is very humble, in a good way. He takes no glory for his greatness (it's hard to give him a compliment). He's probably reading this and may want to strangle me, but hopefully he will get over it.
Kevin is the kind of guy that you can't help but like when you meet him. I mean from the first handshake. He's the kind of guy that God lives everyday in His heart, when Kevin has an issue, straight to God he goes. Kevin also has this wonderful connection with God, that I can be struggling with something, and I will get a text page of a scripture. I will immediatly stop what I am doing and read it, it's amazing, sometimes I want to cry at how much God loves me, and that awesome connection Kevin has with God, and I guess, me too.

Kevin often without meaning to, is a great inspiration, he's got so many great qualities, I wish I had them. He's so encouraging to those around him, "my kids" love to work with him, he's kind to them, and he's patient, and he gives great instruction, detailed, expectations are clear. I wish I had more of each one of those qualities. And he's not bad to look at either :)

Kevin has a great sense of humor, you've got to get "one liners" or the humor might run right by you, but if you get it, HA! You'll even laugh out loud when no one is around (which is a good thing because people may think you're a little loopie if you laugh out loud for no reason).

Kevin gets it, he's smart, ask him just about anything and he'll know the answer, which sometimes can be a little intimidating but he never throws his smart-ness in your face, I feel like I am always learning something new. But besides book-smarts, Kevin is wise, which is a great quality. Sometimes we talk and he's got this great discernment that I sometimes just don't have because I am too close to the subject. Another quality I wish I had more of.

Strong family values. Some might think that is one description, it's three. Kevin is strong, in mind and body. I will see him walking alone in the dark on his way back to GCH from church and I'll say something, but i know he can take good care of himself if need be. He also has this great sense of family. He loves his nieces like crazy, can't wait to show them his new place or spend time with them, also, like every good son, loves his mommy. It's great to see that kind of admiration.

Kevin works that the thrift store in Sterling Heights, he is trustworthy, I can guarentee everything is better than ok when he is around, his integrity is bar none (except for Sara, she'd turn in her own sister, she told me so). He's loyal to those he loves.

I can't even tell you how proud I am to be his friend, if you are known by the company you keep, I must look like a star, because he shines the Light of Christ like no one else I know.

Happy Graduation Kevin, I am so proud of you!!

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”- Philippians 4:8

The picture was taken at a wedding we went to, he was just standing there smiling with a Mountain Dew in his hand, he didn't even know I was taking the picture, his personality was just shining through.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
What a nice tribute to Kevin, Margie!
Amrita said…
Congratulations Kevin
Trish said…
Way to go... Kevin!!!