Gramma is everywhere

Gramma never leaves me, not one of those spiritual "she's with me wherever I go" like a ghost thing, but like she'll never leave my memory banks.

Friday night Phyllis and I did a bunch of running around... we got some ice cream and I pulled out the dessert bowls that I always ate in at Gramma's house, although at Gramma's it was always 'heavenly hash', not whatever kind of ice cream we had Friday, it wasn't that good to be honest. But it made me smile, reminded me of so many details, even the ice cream scoop she used to have.

Then yesterday we were at Grace Centers of Hope in the pantry, straightening canned goods, and the girls were working on getting all the mixed vegetables together, not mixed in with peas and carrots. And Phyllis and I were talking about holidays and mixed veggies. We always had mixed vegetables at every holiday because Gramma said that way everyone could have their favorite. Most of us hate mixed vegetables, but it's funny.

I was in church today, just about to pop a piece of gum in my mouth, and I swear I could have heard my gram say "there's no gum allowed in church" but if I was good I could have a lifesaver. Must have been some Catholic thing, but it made me chuckle.

Thank God for memories, they make us smile.

Esther 9:28 These days should be remembered and observed in every generation by every family, and in every province and in every city. And these days of Purim should never cease to be celebrated by the Jews, nor should the memory of them die out among their descendants.

Comments