I wanna barf!

Proverbs 16:2 Pride leads to disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom


I know, real lady-like, I wanna barf, but I do. It never ceases to amaze me how God starts a work in my heart, right before He is about to reveal something to me. Twice this week I have wanted to kick the throne out from underneath some 'kings'. Not to say that they are kings, but it is much more likely, they think they are kings. I typically don't do too well with people who are arrogant or conceited. I wonder what they see in the mirror, because I'm looking at them, and I just don't see what they are getting themselves all worked up about. Ever think that when you look in the mirror you see the opposite of what you are? That's your reflection, it's the opposite of what you are.

Acts 8:20 Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!

And I simply wonder, what is at the root of all this? Money. Greed. I see it all around me, I work in a large corporation where people are scratching and clawing their way to bigger houses, but no matter how big your house, if your heart is not filled with God, it's just a bigger space to be empty. I see how people live, because I watch. Money, my dear friends, is not everything, and while we need it to survive, I would rather go back to a life of mac & cheese and corn for meals than to eat filet mignon and lobster if I have to live one single day out of the plan of God. If I am doing something unethical or immoral, I can't sleep at night, I can't even be involved. I just can't.

Proverbs 11:5 The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness.

I have a ton of praying to do, I am not sure how this is all going to play out, I know one thing for sure, I know God will be with me, wiping me tears, holding my hand, and kicking to the curb any moron who gets in His way.

“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”- Psalm 118:5-6

Comments