Greed


Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Can you please tell me what the heck happened to 'an honest day's work for an honest day's pay'?

Ok, I don't know about you, but will someone SOMEWHERE please stop being greedy!

Remember those days when you put your money away, when you saved for your future? I am shocked and sickened by people who think that they can 'day trade' and scam their way into saving for their future only to find out that it just doesn't work. I am tired of corporations closing their factories in the US, demanding their suppliers use LCC's (Low Cost Countries) to manufacture the goods they buy, and then scream "buy American". (and as a side note, you stupid union workers who voted for Granholm because you are brainwashed by your union - she drives a Honda and rents an "american made" car when she visits your plants. DUH! get a freaking clue!). If you close all the plants here, if you take away our decent paying jobs, who the heck is going to buy your cars that you amortize all your research & devolpment, your suites, and fixed costs into? DUH.

And Brittney, I feel sorry for her, ok I said it. I do. She's in a terrible spot because greed (hers and those around her, including her own mother) is so much a part of her life, she can't seem to get out of it. She wants and wants and wants and wants and never seems to be satisified. I feel sorry for her, she can't get off her selfish glasses and see the blessings she has all around her.

And let's talk about K'wame for a minute. You know how he got where he is (as my gram would say, in a "heep of trouble") it's because of GREED and arrogance. He wanted too much and he felt like he 'deserved' it. Let me tell you this, if you got what you (and I) deserved and Jesus hadn't paid the price for your sins, hellbound you (and I) would be. And so would all of us.

Now, let me tell you, I am angry. I mad as heck. Because someone somewhere is trying to sell us a bill of goods that we just can't afford. Face it.

And sometimes I am mad at myself for not taking better care of the blessing that God has given me. I will also tell you that I do very well for myself as far as a good paying job goes. And sometimes it seems I just don't have enough. And that's not because God hasn't given me enough, it's because I don't manage it enough. It's because sometimes 'I just have to have it' when I really don't need it.

I dreamed but never thought I would own my own home. I love checking that box 'own' instead of 'rent'. And to be quite frank, I say "thank You Jesus" everytime I do. I'm greatful, and if I live in this house instead of a bigger one for the rest of my life, I will be happy!! And if I fill it with 5 kids and we're a little cramped, and we have to snuggle more, so be it! :)

I've learned over the past year to live within in my means. To count every blessing, and every penny, and sometimes when I am stupid, I count those pennies right as they fly right out the window. Because I'm greedy and foolish, not a good combination, but I'm working on it.

Greed. ugh. I think it's one of those 'seven deadly sins' whatever that means because last time I checked, sin is death, none is really better than the other. Sin is Sin. It's a war out there baby, keep praying.

Romans 5:21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dear God, here I am talking about greed, and asking for help myself. God, help me to be more like You, teach me to love others, to put myself aside like You did, for me, for all of us. God, remind me in big and small ways to be thankful for ALL that You've given me. Lord, I love You, You are amazing, You are the giver of all blessing, and of life, Lord. Thank You so much for my home, for my car, for Phyllis, for a family that loves me. Lord, thank You for sending Your Son to give me life. Thank You for music so that when I can't find the words, the music connects me with You. Thank you for prayer, so that we can talk. Lord, thank You for my dad, and for Cheryl. Thank You for my friends, Lord, thank You for letting me serve You. Lord, You are awesome, I love You. Thankful, I pray, in Jesus's precious name. Amen.

Comments

Trish said…
You go girl! You ain't just preachin' to the choir! I could take over where you left off...
what has happened to us?
You wanna know why some of these businesses are failing... you take things away from your workers...
but your lifestyle does not change!!!
You go on your trips, buy what you want and your workers don't get raises or taken care of... furthermore... I know that some of the Auto Companies and others pay for the benefits of partners in same sex relationships!!!
Don't think God's gonna bless any company THAT SUPPORTS WHAT IN HIS EYES IS ABOMINATION!
Good Post, Gal!
Pray we all use what God gives us wisely and for His glory!
Vikki said…
hahaha great rant. luv it! Keep reminding myself to really reevaluate what we NEED and what is a want.

We are also very blessed to own this home and I want to slap myself across the face when I catch myself yearning for a bigger home, for that extra bedroom, for a little more space. THIS is what God gave us, how can I be so ungrateful!!!! We have two cars, but no car payments. three bedrooms and a very manageable mortgage.

My prayer is that I will be diligent with what he has given us. and if he rewards us for our diligence some time in the future, and we no longer find ourselves struggling to make ends meet, well if that day comes I pray that I will remember how much he has given us and pass it along to others instead of buying that bigger home, or newer car.
Amrita said…
I live in aLCC and its a vicious cycle here too
Louise said…
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

WE have sold our birthright(remember Esau?) and dare to wonder why on earth things around us are as messed up as they are.

WE prostitute ourselves for bigger: houses, cars, clothes, toys, electronics, you name it, we've pretty much sold ourselves to get it. Never looking down the road and seeing the sign that says "You're gonna pay BIG TIME for this one day!"

"For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils" ... we see 'em everyday ... may God drag out butts from wanting to live where the world does and put us into right standing with Him.