Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. If you know me, you know how much I love my dad. Sure, he gets on my nerves sometimes, but I am quite sure that is in the job description of parent, that's one of those added bonuses we get... lol...

Yesterday he was "awaken" to have to come rescue me. My car didn't start. Happy Valentine's Day, dad ;)

Today, he is at my step-brother's working on his rental property. I called to wish him happy birthday and I said "what an exciting way to spend your birthday" and his reply "that's what I do, it's like that movie, Pay it Forward. I could never repay all the people who helped when your mom died. But I can help someone else." That pretty much sums up my dad. He pays it forward. He loves.

Sometimes I feel incredibly guilty about needing his help, I think, "if only I would have done it correctly, if I got married first, made better choices... if only..." And then I remember that my dad loves me, even though, hard to believe, I get on his nerves sometimes, also part of the daughter job description... again, an added bonus... he loves me. He's a great dad, and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I love you, dad. happy birthday!!

Comments

Sara said…
happy birthday margie's dad! and thanks for raising such a beautiful daughter and sharing her with us!
Pat said…
Happy birthday to Margies Knight in Shining Armor! May your blessing be to many to contain!
Amrita said…
Happy Birthday Dad. My Dad is with the Lord and his birthday was on the 13th.
Louise said…
Happy Birthday Margie's Dad!
Trish said…
Yes, Happy Birthday Margies Dad!
reading about you reminds me of my sweet Daddy!