Sit still and shut up already!


My favorite song for the week has been "I am God" by Kirk Franklin and Toby Mac. I had purchased the CD awhile ago, but ended up giving it to someone else instead of keeping it for myself. On Thursday, I purchased the CD again, for myself this time, and I kept it. There is a song on the CD that I fell in love with. I am God. I've been jamming to it ever since. Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10) is probably one of my very favorite scriptures and it's also one scripture that I struggle with most. Asking me to be quiet and sit still is like trying to harness a two year old after a giant pixie stick, you just have to wait. I'm getting better but God still has a lot of refining to do before there is gold.

Today, guess what the first scripture was? Just guess. Yes, Psalm 46:10. And Matthew 11:28, rest. But not just take a nap rest, Rest in Me. Do you think it's a coincidence? Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous, and God is not annonymous in my life.
I don't sit still. I don't relax very often, I'm always going. That's the way it is. And when it's quiet, it's loud in my head. Remember all the things you screwed up on... and on and on and on and on and on... And so I am off again. But sometimes when it's quiet, I hear God speak so clearly that it shakes my earth. I get goose bumps, and in an ever so clear tone, I hear, "I've got you, you are Mine, I am your Father, and no matter what, I love you". Its not the words, its the tone.

I heard the message today. I'm going to be still, because I know He is my God, and I serve a mighty, loving, powerful God. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or EVEN think!

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I am God.

Matthew 11:28 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Comments

KayMac said…
Interesting that YOU are the conduit that God often chooses to use send this message to others. :-)