to the rescue...

My dad has a 2003 (I think) E-150 extended van. Green. Big. The front of it looks like a monster. I will usually be the first to tell you that he should have bought a Toyota. I like Toyota... but last night we left one of the doors open in the car... and this morning that means... dead battery. So, you know, I have to call my dad, faster than AAA.

My dad pulls up in my driveway with this giant van. And somehow it seemed appropiate that my knight in shining arm, ok, my dad in his van came to same me in a BIG van. who needs white horses anyway?

And that my dear friends is why God made man. Because they are strong enough to love us and let us be us, and they are strong enough to come rescue us when we do something stupid.

Happy Valentine's Day! May you be surrounded by love!

And oh yeah... he even called ahead to the mechanic so I could just pull in and get a new battery... My dad is the greatest!

Comments

Pat said…
This is the best Valentines "love story" I've heard in a long time. I love how you refered to your Dad as your Knight in shining armor - that's so sweet...and your dad deserves the title. Happy valentines day!
Trish said…
Daddy's are Heroes!
You are blessed to have such a man in your life.
Love this post!
Elizabeth said…
So should I not ever rescue you in my 2001 E-350 BIG RED van?!! lol j/k!!

I'm glad your dad came to your rescue...that's the best!

Love you!
KayMac said…
Awesome! Your dad is awesome!