who I am celebrating who you are


I think that part of the problem with women and self esteem is that they spend too much time comparing and not enough time celebrating each other.

Personally, I find myself often comparing myself to others, not to tear them down, but to lift them up. I try to see the greatness in others and help them see it too. If I am going to tear down someone, it will be me. I will find that person who writes better than me (Sara), that person who is prettier and skinnier than me (Elizabeth), that person who is just all the way around way more awesome than me (Katie), the person who is much funnier than me (Marilyn), smarter, etc… you get the picture. SO I tear myself down, I say to myself “you should be…” but I can’t. I’m not wired to be like them, or I would be. They have different gifts than me. And I celebrate that. Think if we all used “our powers” for good.

Think about the lives we could affect. Think about the mountains we could move, the worlds we could change, and the love we could spread. Think about how if we just took a little of the gifts that God gave us, think about the GLORY that would be brought to Him.

I have a challenge for you. You can chose to take it or tell me to bag it. I would like you to celebrate one person today. Tell them the thing you most admire about them. I would be willing to bet, you will change one world for the better.

Luke 15:24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Comments

Sara said…
i admire your hair, your lips, your hard hugs and the life you have built for yourself and phyl.
Jada's Gigi said…
Amen sister! we SO need each other as sisters to see the God in us that we can't see and then to convince us that He is there...personally I love your passion...what a gift!