Blessings!

Yesterday I was in the grocery store, we needed a few staples, one of them being Frozen Pizzas, we really like the Digiorno kind or whatever is on sale... we eat the $.99 ones but we like the other ones, they are quick, and really important, cheap. The red baron ones were on sale for $3.99, I bought 3, looking through my coupons, I found 'save $1 on 2' and $1 off one... so I will do the math for you... That's 3 pizzas for less than $10. I am not kidding you when I tell you that I literally said "thank You Jesus for cheap pizza".

I did my lesson in 'David' and there is a section at the end of the lesson for prayer requests, I took the whole space to thank God. Thank You... Thank You... Thank You... I ran out of room on the paper but not in my heart, I spent the rest of the night thanking God. I thanked Him as each kid came in for Fuel, I thanked Him for each leader, saw Eliz, Melissa, Becky, Doreen, Michael, Erin, Emily, and many others. Oh how blessed I am!! I am getting teary just thinking about it.

And then today... we got our bonus letters. Now, I knew it was coming. I have known for months. But somehow when you hold it in your hand... it becomes real. I couldn't wait to tell someone, so of course, I called my dad. I can pay him IN FULL for the help he gave me to fix my garage - my garage almost fell down! (and I thank God for him too, he is a great dad) and I can pay for Phyllis's trip to Austria. Yes!! And I will tell you, that when I left the meeting for the Austria trip, I left crying, I thought "dear God, how will I ever pay for that?" and as clear as day He said "don't I always provide for you, would I bring you here if I couldn't?" And I trusted, I said "it's all God". He's amazing. He's faithful! Oh, yes, He's faithful.

Can I tell you another thing? This was the first month, I updated my budget, I put God first, I wrote the check out for the pay period, and I gave back to Him first, I did it cheerfully, I did it because I wanted to, not because I felt I had to, and I gave Him the full 10%, and I still had money left over (not a lot, but a little). Because why? Because He is... He is everything good. And He is faithful!

I could cry right now, I am actually fighting back the tears. I can't believe it! I can't believe that two weeks ago, I thought "I've never been hurt like this before" (and it wasn't by God, it was by someone else) and I will tell you, everyday when my focus is where it should be, I feel more joy EVERYDAY, then I ever thought possible! I struggle with why He would want to save me? I'm a wretch, I am constant screw up, I don't always have a heart of worship, but He loves me anyway.
My God is an awesome! God! I'm so thankful for His blessings!!

“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.”- Deuteronomy 7:9

And the verse above, was the verse of the day on Biblegateway.com! do you think it's a coincidence? A coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous!

Comments

august032012 said…
This is beautiful and what a blessing bonus' are! I feel you because the Lord has blessed me with one too! Who would of thought but YOU paid your tithes, yes I do too, and the word says give and it will be given back. I am overjoyed by your heart. Bless you my sister