love wins


I don't think God has completed His work in me via the Captivating Series. I am starting a bible study on the book. I am going to go through it with a couple young ladies but there was a question that was in the book that totally got me thinking...What are some of your favorite stories or movies, and in them who do you want to be?


I thought of some of my very favorite movies...

Remember the Titans

White Christmas

Maid in Manhatten

Sweet Home Alabama

Invincible

Second Chance

When I am just around the house, cleaning or lounging, I will pop one of those movies in and instantly relax or get happy, almost depending on what mood I need to be in.

So in each of those movies there is an underlying storyline. Triumph of Love.

In Remember the Titans, love triumphs over hate. No color, just friendship. In the beginning it's hate, in the end, who would I want to be. The couch, played by Denzel Washington, I could be Denzela or something, I don't know. But he makes mistakes, sometimes his pride gets in the way. But his heart, shines right through. And love wins.

White Christmas. Not many people I know watch Christmas movies in July, but I can't get enough of this movie. I wanna be Rosemary Clooney. Two friends from the war, go out and take the world on in music. They meet up with the Haynes sisters, they fall in love, they make mistakes because of mis-perceptions, and in the end, things are cleared up. And love wins.

Maid in Manhatten. I want to be Marissa. Single mom Marissa meets Chris Marshall under false pretenses, they fall in love, she lies, makes mistakes, but he forgives her, and love wins.

Sweet Home Alabama. I want to be Reese Witherspoon. They meet as childhood sweethearts, she leaves, makes mistakes, almost marries the wrong guy, the right guy still loves her. She forgives him, he forgives her, they get married. Love wins.

Invincible. I wanna be Janet. Partly because she gets to kiss Mark Wahlberg and partly because she loves the Giants and no matter what, even in Eagle territory, she loves what she loves. She meets Vince, he plays football, like most men, he can't love and play football, but finally comes to his senses realizing that you can do more than one thing at a time, and love wins.

The last one... Second Chance, I wanna be Michael W. Smith's fiance. But not because she gets to kiss MWS. This one is about a guy who gets distracted from the Lord, but pulled back, ok, pushed back. He & the pastor at Second Chance church see the good in each other, humble themselves to each other and to God. And you guessed it... love wins.

I love a happy ending. I love that in Christ we are forgiven and we are loved, and we are covered in grace. I have really been struggling with accountability lately. Not really mine, I've got 'plank syndrome' where i see the speck in someone else's eye but forget about the plank in my own. I guess partly it's because there are some things that I am just not equipped to do, and others are so gifted in that area, I think they should use their gifts, and i should use mine, and each and everyday, Love will win, a little more. For the glory of God. I have to remember that I can do what I can do. That the bible says in Romans 2 that if we are harsh, if we pass judgement on others, that God will have that towards us. Ugh. I don't like that. And although, I really love grace, it's the ultimate get out of jail card, I not only am I blessed enough to get it, I have to be merciful and give it.

2 John 1:3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.

Comments

MSU gal said…
"It's a Wonderful Life" has that happy movie effect on me!