Faith and Trust


So, I was sitting in Six Stars, reading a bible study I am thinking about doing, and I swear God was RIGHT behind me, "read My book, will ya'?"

...what should I read... I kind of was skimming through... Jeremiah... no... 1 Corin... no... how about Hebrews 11? I have read that chapter quite a few times, and I think like with every chapter in the bible at different times in our lives, we can read the same chapter and get something out of it. I have been told that Hebrews 11 is like the Superheroes chapter. Whatever, we're studying heroes in the bible at Fuel, so maybe I will find something to talk to the kids about... can't hurt, right?

By faith... by faith... by faith... by faith. Almost every paragraph I think said it... by faith. Ok, I get the point, and so I started thinking about me, because that's what I do. By faith, what does that mean to me? That means that if I am going to do 'this God' thing, then that means that sometimes, I won't see what God is doing in my life... it's by faith. That means that I have to trust in Him, and just plain trust Him. That's not easy, the chapter starts out by saying "1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." That's not that easy. Well, maybe for you, but not for me.

And then there was this other part...

23By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.

And I thought to myself (after I read it about 6 times) there are no ordinary children when it comes to God's children. Think about what we do in Him. We are not ordinary, we are amazing, we are special, we are loved. And think about how are kids would be if we treated them like that. What if we told them, we are going to hide you from the world, and we are going to love you, because you are God's child and you are special. Now, I am not talking about locking your kid in a closet but what if we surrounded them with so much love, they didn't know any other way? What if we just loved and loved and loved and loved, that they had no other way but to feel... loved.

By faith, to trust in His love, to trust Him, and to love. I think my heart just opened up.
2 Corin 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.


Comments

Vikki said…
oh girl, wow. WOW.

I need to get in the Word more often.
Elizabeth said…
i was thinking the same thing vikki said...just WOW!!!!!

thanks for once again getting me thinking and searching for myself!

that's one of the many reasons i love you :-)