Lifegroup

I used to belong to a lifegroup, that was actually what really drew me into joining Metro. Sara & Dean were our leaders, we met at Jim and Tonya's house. Then I lead a lifegroup, that was a lot more work than I had time for, it was great, but a lot of work!

Last night I attended 'The Card's' lifegroup. I have been wanting to go but a lot of times I am just way too tired to go. They eat at their lifegroup, and sometimes I don't prepare enough to show up (and you know I am not showing up empty handed).

I have to tell you, in the last month, that was probably in my top two best times I've had! That sounds nuts, people who don't live Jesus probably wouldn't understand. I felt welcome from the moment I got there, and really didn't want to leave but I had to go get Phyllis.

I can't think of one extra-ordinary thing that made it great, well, one thing... Jesus was there.

1 Corin 1:9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
God, I love the saints...and some times are just better than others and some groups of saints are just more "me" than others. so happy for you!
Vikki said…
thanks for the verse. our church is small and I've just begun hosting a ladies home group. no leader has emerged. apparently I'm doing that too, for now. It's going to be tough. I was thinking "i hope this is what God wants me to do, cause I will sure need his help".

And then I read the verse..he is faithful. I need fellowship. I need closer relationships. Maybe I'm not called to be a leader but I believe God will honour my efforts