LOVE!!


Today we are celebrating Ashley! Wednesday was her 17th birthday and we (Phyllis and I) are celebrating her. We are having food (of course) and cake and ice cream. Hanging out and then some of the girls are spending the night.

Ashley’s favorite ice cream is strawberry (bleck!) but I bought it anyway, because I know it’s HER favorite and it’s HER birthday, and there is always the option to buy the kind that I like (and I did).

I got a text from one of the students “what time?” and then followed by ‘I love you Margie’. And then a little while later, I got a text from another girl, and all it said was “love you, Margie”. And that may seem dumb to you, but it means so much that in the middle of the day, they are thinking of me. There are plenty of times during the day I think about them, say a praise or a prayer, and go on about my day.

And this might seem dumb too, but it just shows me that God places me on their hearts, like He places them on mine. Another reminder to me that He is always thinking about me and loving me.

I am missing life group tonight, but I am excited and honored to celebrate Ashley! I love those stinky kids so much!! Especially when they are not being stinky!!

Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Comments

Trish said…
Have fun!!!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.