"outloud" prayer


have you ever been a big group and there is prayer requests, and one person starts and anyone can jump in and then someone closes? I don't feel like I am a good "outloud pray-er". I don't sound all profound, I usually stumble over my words, because sometimes I just don't know what to say, somehow there is a disconnection between my heart and my mouth. My brain forgets the words. I think other people are "intimadated" (for lack of a better word) to pray outloud, because I think they don't want people to think that they don't know how to pray. I used to be one of those religions that said "canned" prayers, so I haven't had a life of praying outloud from the heart, so I stumble. But I have to tell you that I always try to get my heart and my words saying the same thing. But honestly, it doesn't matter what our words say.

It's our heart that God hears. He hears when we are frustrated about something, He hears when we are so thankful for something He's done for us that our heart explodes, He hears when we are mad, sad, grumpy, glad. No matter what our words say.

Psalm 66:20 Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

Comments

Pat said…
I've always been hesitant to pray out loud - I had the same feelings as you. Then I realized I wasn't praying as much as I was speaking to God - and He is never never critical when I speak to Him, only loving.
Kevmic said…
Praying out loud was always a problem for me. I would try and think of what I wanted to say and when the time came something else came out. I just concentrate on thanking Him and praising Him and let the rest just be as it may. Like you said Margie He knows are hearts more than He knows are words.