Slow Cooker Lasagna

This recipe was adapted from the awesome family recipe.

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
2 pounds ground turkey
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 small zucchini
2 (28oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
16 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
1 (24 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
2 t. dried Italian seasoning
2/3 cups water
2 (4oz.) cans of mushrooms
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese


Cook turkey and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, seasoned meat and water in pan, cook about ½ hour (I did this the day before). Layer thinly in bottom of lightly greased 5-quart electric slow cooker: uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese & mozzarella cheese. Repeat for each layer (approx 4 total layers). Cover & cook on high setting for 1 hour; reduce heat & cook on low setting for 5 hours. Can do ahead and store in fridge!! Yields 8 Servings (I have the very large rival crock pot, it was pretty full)

My daughter said this was SOO yummy!! I thought so too!!

Comments

Mari said…
Thanks for visiting me. You have some good recipes here - this looks like one my family would like!
Mari said…
Me again - I see you're from Michigan. I am too. I live fairly near Lake Michigan. Hope you enjoyed the warm weather this weekend!
Vikki said…
Margie, do you have a good pot-luck idea? I always bring meatballs and I'm trying to come up with something new
SUZEI said…
this looks great! I will try this!! I am always looking for good slow cooker recipes.. makes life much easier :) thanks!!