Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Friday, March 21, 2008

Things I'd rather not see

I own the Passion of the Christ, I have for awhile now. I can't bring myself to watch it. Just watching parts of it, makes me cry.

I can only imagine giving my daughter up. And it makes me sad just to think about it. I can't imagine standing by and watching her beaten, especially for the good of anyone else. I seriously don't think I love anyone else that much.

I am doing a lot of reflecting this season. A lot of thinking about what a wretch I am and how amazingly undeserving I am of a God who loves me.

eph 4:7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.


1 comment:

Trish said...

Our Church went as a group to see this when it opened at the theatres.
I cried so much I had to choke back my sobbing!
What hit me throughout this film
especially as a Mom, was that Mary gave her firstborn Son willingly, how she followed Him from place to place and watched Him beaten and hung on that Cross to die!
I questioned myself... could I do the same?
I have not watched that film again,
once was enough, I can't bring myself to see His suffering.
Good Post, one so appropriate for Easter!