thinking of my gram


Today I was driving from the bank to go pick up my lunch, down Beech Daly, and I picked up my phone to call my gram. It was kind of odd, because she's no longer here, and I know that.

My gram seemed to always take Beech Daly everywhere. I don't know why, but she did. And today, I had a big meeting, and I made sure I had my red lipstick because it's very important to present yourself well. Lipstick is essential. That's a Gram-ism.

And today... I got a new bottle of perfume. I love perfume (and it's because I played with it at my Gram's). LOVE IT! I agonized over what kind to get, should I get my standard Issey Miaki or should i get a new one... Romance by Ralph Lauren. I love that perfume, and decided that I needed a little Romance in my life :) My gram would always call me and tell me about my horoscope and how I was going to get some 'love' in my life. Gram again.

Macy's is having some sale, spend $50 or more in cosmetics or perfume, get $10 gift card. So I got a sweater for $6.50 and another sweater for $15.00. It was wonderful! Are you wondering who taught me how to be such a bargain shopper? Oh, that would be my gram again.

I think it's great that God gave us memories so that those who have been in our lives, and we will meet in heaven someday, never really leave us.

Psalm 45:17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Comments

Pat said…
This made me cry, it is so sweet.
I never had a relationship with either of my grandmothers, one passed away when I was a toddler and the other was too far away - you are blessed to have such memories.
Now go freshen up that lipstick!
Trish said…
Gram's help make us who we are.
Your Gram sounds lovely and such a
sweet tribute.
Being a Gram I pray I am making those kind of memories!
Mrs. Mac said…
Have you smelled Ralph's fragrance called ROCKS? It's in an orange bottle and is very nice. My grandma always wore AVON cologne and wore pink lipstick (red when she was younger). She had a way of applying the lipstick to the end of her ring finger before applying it to her lips ... then smacking a few times on a tissue to take off the excess ... She always had soft good smelling plump arms that I liked to snuggle up against ...