Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

fake it til you make it

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

I heard this saying, and I thought at first it was a cool saying. And in the context I heard about it, it was about being in a good mood, having faith, just saying the words until you really start to believe it.

This was something that I had been told by a friend because he thought I was beautiful and I thought I was UG-LY. He said everyday look in the mirror, and say, "you are beautiful" and do it until you believe it. Didn't work.

And not that long ago, I heard it said, and I thought "oh, that's cool, get your attitude in check until you get out of your funk". I guess it's ok, but then I started thinking "I hate fake people". I mean I hate them. Ugh, it's frustrating. And here's the thing, I am not fake, if I am sad, you know it, if I am mad you know it, but boy when I am happy and my heart is full of joy, YOU KNOW IT! And besides you can't be a great hugger if you are fake. People will feel right through it. And let's face it, a lot of people think Christians are hypocrites, and that's why, because some, not all, act fake. I'm not saying be in a bad mood all the time, but sometimes we have issues, we must deal with, and sometimes emotions go with them. I believe, though I have no proof of this... all those emotions... God gave us, think about how you feel after a good cry, your soul opens up, its a complete release. And I think it can be compared to a good rain, the earth is cleansed, and in a good cry, our soul is cleansed.

So... I guess what I am saying is be truthful, if you got issues, go to the Word, cuz that's where the answers are.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 comments:

Pat said...

When I was working, all the phoney people that were trying to climb the corporate ladder used that phrase all the time. I'm like you - real is better. The truth will set you free.

Trish said...

Beauty is ... as beauty does!
You, my girl are beautiful!!!
Fake it til you make it... what a dumb saying, faking gets us nowhere!!!!!!

John Cowart said...

Great post. I love the premium you put on Christian honesty. Since Jesus is Lord, we don't have to fake anything. He can handle even the bad stuff.

And you are too beautiful!