feeling better

I don't think a day has gone by in my life that I haven't thought about my weight in some way or another. In January I started weight watchers. I've done "good" and "bad". I didn't do it completely because I wanted to lose weight, I did it because i wanted to get in the habit of making healthier choices. And I know that in those choices would mean there would be less of my butt.

The week before last, I stuck to my points, however, I didn't eat enough fruits and veggies, I didn't walk. Last week, I decided that if I am going to make better choices, it takes preparation. It means planning what I am going to buy, preparing my food (I am one of those dorks who has ziplock containers with fruits and veggies ready to go), it means saying no to ice cream if i don't have the points left or I already ate something that took my points.

But it also means, making yummy recipes of pasta primavera with whole wheat pasta and turkey sausage, with vibrant green zucchini, the brightest pieces of carrots, it means fresh basil that reminds you that with all that flavor and aroma, God was thinking about you today, let's not forget and super yummy fresh mushrooms, it means breaking bread with friends who bring over yummy, good for you dessert with fresh yummy strawberries. It means cutting up pineapple that's not all going to make it to the container because you just can't control yourself, it's so good. It means feeling better and pooping more (and that's good for you too!!). It means quenching your thirst with water, and sleeping well... and hopefully it also means on Thursday there will be less of me than last week.

It also means that your daughter will be made because she went to eat tacos and she wanted to eat what I made...

Check out the recipe... I added a couple extra cloves of garlic, mushrooms, and grated carrots I had from making carrot cake.

Comments