I don't need

How many times do we say we ‘need’ something. Like some would say I ‘need’ a new car. No, I don’t need one, I just want one.

I need to eat everyday but I don’t need to eat Panera. I need to drink water everyday but tap water is fine, I don’t need my water to come in a bottle.

I think sometimes about how much I waste or how I take the blessings I have for granted. I’m not thankful enough.

There is a song by Shawn MacDonald, I had heard it before, but listened to it at Life Group a couple times. All I need is Your love, to fill this heart of mine. I fell asleep singing that song, like I’ve fallen asleep many times in prayer, I begin a conversation with God, and it brings me peace. I fell asleep singing this song to God, I love music, when we don’t have the words, someone else writes them for us.

That’s my prayer, God, fill my heart today with Your love, and Lord, let me fill someone else’s heart with that love, only You can refill our hearts with what we need.




SHAWN McDONALD
All I Need
Written by Shawn McDonald

As I sit here and think
About all that You've done
About how You gave me Your one and only Son
And I'm trying to fathom
All that You are, but so far, Lord
You're so beyond me
I fall down in reverence
And I fall down in fear
And I'm asking You, Lord, won't You please draw near
Won't You open my eyes
So that I can see
The way that You are working in me
All I need is Your love
To come and fill this heart of mine
My heart is a desert that has gone dry
And I need Your love to carry me bye, bye, bye, bye, bye
To carry me bye, bye, bye, bye, bye
To carry me bye
And I lay down my life
And I put it before You
All that I am is in Your hands
And I'm not going to question, why You're so faithful
Why that You give me the blessing that You have
Let the glory be known, let the glory be shown
Lift You up unto the throne
You are my God, You are my King
To You I give, I give You everything
All that I need is Your love, my God

Comments

Sara said…
weren't your feet cold in those flip flops today?
Margie said…
not as cold as my heart after the day I've had.