Being a mom

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being a mom. It’s not easy but it’s the gift that keeps on giving. The gift of life. The gift that after a long hard day, a smile from the most beautiful creature you’ve ever seen.

While I understand that every mom thinks her child is the greatest, I really think mine is great. Sure, she’s got a mouth on her, and an attitude that sometimes is beyond all understanding, and I have NO idea where she got either of those two traits, she really is a great kid. And my favorite thing about her? She loves Jesus.

Sometimes I sit back and just watch, when she doesn’t know I am. She just joined the dance team at Alive. Yesterday she and Lexi were practicing, and I really thought my heart was going to explode with joy. I wonder if that’s possible.

I look at her sometimes and think, wow, she really just is beautiful, I wish she saw more of that in herself.

And she’s smart and even wise sometimes. Though she does have the brain of a teenager and can be a little flighty… A few weeks back she said “mom, just do what makes YOU happy” which was funny to come from her, because most teenagers don’t think about anyone but themselves.

We’re spending at least part of the day at the zoo. We are going to do “the church thing” and then head down to the Toledo Zoo for a couple hours, we’ll grab some grub on the way home and off to Alive. She was supposed to perform but they changed the date. What a gift that would have been to see her perform on Mother’s Day, but it’s postponed for one more week which is great because that means one more week of celebrating her, because after all, without her, I wouldn’t be a mother.

John 16:21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

Comments