Happy Mother's Day (REALLY!)

It’s the end of Mother’s Day. The first Mother’s Day that I didn’t cry in sadness over the loss of my mother. It was a good day, not a very exciting day, we went to church, like every other Sunday, today was baby dedication day. That is always exciting.

Thinking about my own mother, she gave me to God right from the beginning, even if it wasn’t on the stage of a church. I am quite sure she probably prayed over me every day she was alive.

I stood in the back of Alive doing words, worshipping from the back. Healer. That’s what God is, He is a healer, I stood in the back thinking about the many hurts He has healed. I think about that great pain I carried around for years, not because I wanted to carry it around but that I didn’t really know how to put it down. It’s easy to let go of the little things, but deep pain, it’s hard to let go of. And it was one step at a time (literally), a tear, a walk, each time of raising my hands in the air to put my hurt up to God and to praise Him for all He has done.

I honestly didn’t know how today was going to go. I didn’t know if it was going to be one of those things you think you have given up, but you really haven’t. But I really was healed. From every hurt, every scar, cleaned, washed away but the trust I put in Jesus.

Thank You Jesus for healing me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for a Happy Mother's Day!!

Psalm 30:2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me



Found love beyond all reason
You gave your life Your all for me
And called me Yours forever
Caught in the mercy fallout
I found hope found life
Found all I need
You’re all I need

The time has come
To stand for all we believe in
So I for one am gonna
Give my praise to You

Today today it’s all or nothing
All the way
The praise goes out to You
Yeah all the praise goes out to You
Today today I live for one thing
To give You praise
In everything I do
Yeah all the praise goes out to You


All we are is Yours
And all we’re living for
Is all You are
Is all that You are Lord

Comments

Vikki said…
CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy you had a happy mothers day
Mrs. Mac said…
Ditto's to the above congrats! The Lord is GREAT!

btw ... do you remember the character named Amelia Bedelia? (children's literature) ... well, she took everything literally. I read your first paragraph and got a chuckle about going to church 'every other Sunday' ... 'common Margie ... just give me a little laugh now' (lol)