Romantic


I’m not very romantical. I know that’s not really a word, but I kind of like it… so too bad.

I’m not the kind of person who loves red roses, while I think they are beautiful, to cut them off, have them wilt within days of receiving them, is a waste. I’d rather have a rose bush, the thought is there, and the gift goes on and on. But I do love daisies. They are just simple and beautiful and fresh.

I don’t like expensive jewelry and am not impressed by such gifts, though, please make a note, I want one big fat diamond ring when I get married, they kind that will build the muscles in my arm. I don’t believe in upgrading or getting a new one for anniversaries, so I want a big fat diamond to start out with. I’ll probably end up with a simple band. HA!

I don’t really want sweet love poems; I’d rather my love read my scripture. I don’t need meals in the finest restaurants with candlelight; I like Roma’s (Downtown) or Panera, or even 6 stars. Nothing romantic, a nice meal, a good company, that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Practicality, even in love. Some may say love isn’t practical… Whatever.

Whatever the gesture, let it be done in love. Romance seems to be fleeting. Love is forever, worked on, and grown between two people who know it’s worth the effort. It’s about bringing out the best in each other, and giving allowances when it’s not the best.

Please understand, because I am not romantical doesn’t mean I am not loving. A sweet smile, a thoughtful moment, that’s all I need. And I don’t even need a big fat diamond as long as the heart that comes with it is loving too.

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- Thoreau

Comments

Sara said…
i'm with you sister! 100%! we are so unromantical that sexy means wearing a clean sweatshirt to bed instead of one with salsa down the front.