Stressed

I find myself very stressed these last few weeks, I've been trying to be quiet and relax, and not worry, and so I haven't written because I like to (believe it or not!) be positive, so I've kept quiet.

I find myself getting stressed out about money. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes it's just so overwhelming. Maybe you've always had a little extra, maybe you've struggled too. I feel like just when I think I am about to get ahead...

First it's a surgery that is scheduled, medical costs (I have to pay them up front, then submit my receipts in after the surgery) that I thought were going to be covered with my economic stimulus check (plus money I already had set aside), only to find out it's coming one month too late for the surgery. It will be taken care of.

Rising cost of fuel. For crying out loud! while I don't understand the politics of politics, something should be able to be done. When I bought my car I could fill it for $15.00 (31 mpg), now it's $40!! But everything is affected. Groceries have to be shipped somehow. Someone will pay for that shipping, oh, that's us. I'm a pretty wise shopper, I know how much things cost... A box of noodles went from $.79 to $1.19 in 6 months, and I don't think it's done going up.

In all this, there are somethings I can do. Inspired by Mrs. Mac, I will be planting a garden this summer so that will help, did you know you can freeze tomatoes and use them like canned tomatoes in the winter? I bet they have less sodium and better taste in winter :)

I can change my lightbulbs to the low energy kind. I can drive less, and spend more time at home (I need to do that anyway). There are things I can do.

There really isn't any need to stress, it's not like I am in the poor house (but I remember what it was like to eat mac&cheese with corn for a week) but I am by no means rolling in the dough, but I think it's responsible to be wise with our portion that God has entrusted us with. God will provide, He has from the beginning of time, and I don't believe that will ever change.

Matthew 6:25-30 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Comments

Sara said…
i hear you. the economy is pretty scary right now. i know that i am doing a lot less buying of things that i would've not thought twice about a year ago. i have this theory that if we all become a little bit more home-bound and do less of the large American living we're so used to; the powers that be will have to bring cost back down to our level. at some point we just have to refuse to pay high prices on things we can do without. as always, we teach other people how to treat us; including big business. good post. p.s. surgery?