Update on the gardening

I worked outside for a couple hours, I was dirty!! It was great and gross at the same time. I transplanted some annuals I have, got the ground ready for some new seeds I am going to plant (both annual and perrenials). I went and bought the first flat of vegetables (and cantaloupe). I am wondering how the cantaloupe will come out, I will let you know. Spinach, hot peppers, green peppers, cantaloupe, cucumbers, chives, and celery. Next weekend, I am going to have 3 yards of dirt delivered and while the kids are at Cedar Point, I will be moving dirt. Suonds thrilling, doesn’t it?! But to tell you the truth, I am looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to the transformation of my yard, from seeds to blooming flowers, from small seedlings to great vegetables, watering and weeding. I can’t wait to reap what I will be sowing.

I can’t wait to have an abundance of vegetables that I can share. I love fresh vegetables, I love the intense flavor they have, there’s really nothing like popping grape tomatoes right off the vein or a toasted tomato sandwich, or yummy-no-wax cucumbers!! MMMM…. I can already taste it!

While being outside, I spent a lot of time in prayer, thinking about my friends and family, about the kids at live and fuel. About the sick and the healthy. It was really relaxing to see it all come together, it was exciting to just be outside in the sunshine. I forgot how much I missed it.

I still have dirt under my nails :)

Comments

KayMac said…
me too w/ the fingernails..lol. but from clearing brush...and the burning it...but the good news is...roasted ears of corn to go w/ dinner!
Pat said…
Ditto on the fingernails - even with gloves on.
Waiting the reap the harvest is so great - what a reward for the work done, huh?!