BLOOM!!


I felt like I was going to break down at any minute this morning. I’ll admit it, I am very concerned about money. My car breaking down was a very unexpected expense, and renting a car, another necessary, but unexpected expense. Truly wondering how I am going to recover from this. I know I will, I know God always provides but I had it planned out, the money for the economic stimulus check. It wasn’t going to be spent on frivolous things, money for our mission trip, the desperation conference, household repairs, etc. No vacations here.

I had in the plans for last weekend to get 3 yards of dirt delivered. ~$120 so I could plant the garden. I was going to shovel it all myself. There isn’t $120 now. But there was little seedlings to be planted to offset some costs of groceries, we eat a lot of veggies in the summer. I was truly excited, I’ve never had a real garden here!

Yesterday I watered the little seedlings wondering what was going to end up of them. While sitting in the kitchen cutting up my veggies for the week, I decided that I would just have to plant them where I had room. Sure it’s not the best way, but if I have to grow the zucchini up the fence instead of however they grow, well, so be it. I might was well try. I’ll plant the cantelope in the back, no extra dirt, but it will be ok, that was kind of an experiment anyway. Some zucchini planted by the side of the house with my redneck tomatoes, chives, and basil. Celery, hot peppers, green peppers, and spinach that will just have to bloom where they are planted.

Sometimes situations aren’t as we planned, sometimes we just have to do the best we can, and bloom where we’re planted.

“The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.”-
Habakkuk 3:19

The scripture above was biblegateway.com verse of the day. How fitting. He is the Director of me. I will bloom wherever He plants me.

Comments

Vikki said…
I love you! I love that you are so honest, yet always trying to be so positive. Don't give up on Him. He will come through for you hun. He loves you so so much.

Weathering storms sucks, but at least you're in His boat!!!!
KayMac said…
I agree. I am so glad that you are planting those seedlings after all. What a great picture of being flexible and continuing on when things are not "ideally" what you would have chosen.