Chosen

When you were a kid and they played competitive games in gym, when were you chosen? Were you chosen first, towards the middle, or at the end? I can understand if this process was taken out of schools all together, because it really was a blow to your self-esteem.

There is a place in my life where I am never chosen, or I should say I am never chosen to lead. The person in charge, I believe, doesn’t think I am smart enough, good enough to lead. I often think this is funny because I am smart enough, I am good enough, and I am a good leader. I am often chosen in other aspects of my life to lead. I’d laugh, but it’s not funny. This person… is the first to ask me to do something that involves “dumb” work. The stuff that it doesn’t take much brains to do, the stuff that they don’t want to do. I’ll be honest, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get downright angry, and sometimes I just remember that I am called to do the work of God, no matter how big or small and to get over myself.

Another place in my life there is great change going on. I was chosen. I was chosen to live and to be loved. Lately, that has changed. I’ve not only been “kicked to the curb”. It’s something that I sometimes laugh at (mostly because I don’t know what else to do), I get angry, I cry, and sometimes I say “ get over yourself, life isn’t about you”. Sometimes things are only here for a season.

In all this, I try to remember one thing, I am chosen. No matter if I was first in line or last in line. I was chosen. I was chosen to LIVE. I mean really live, not just on this earth, but to live for eternity. God would have come just for me. I try to remember that if I live a life in Christ, there is great joy in everything. There’s blue skies and even rain when we need it. It’s not always easy to remember that’s it’s not all about us, no matter how hard we try.

I’m glad to know that I am chosen.

Duet 18:5 for the LORD your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the LORD's name always.

Comments

KayMac said…
Interesting post. Stuff to ponder.