Desperation

We leave for Desperation Conference on Thursday afternoon. I took the day off not knowing what time we were leaving and I wanted to be sure I was ready to go and no one was waiting on me.

It is a conference for kids high school and college age. Undoubtedly, I will be one of the oldest ones there. It’s ok. I love going to these things, I love being available so the kids can experience these things. What I just said is entirely true, but there is more. I am desperate to get closer to God too. Although this conference is for the youngsters, I always get a lot out of them, they get you recharged and firing on all cylinders, as they are intended to do. Once they give you the initial push, it's up to you to keep it going.

The downside of these conferences is that there are thousands of people who all leave (and have to come back) at the same time to eat, typically it’s fast food all the way and that does not sit well with me. But that is easily remedied… We are bringing the BBQ, I’ve got fruits and veggies ready, I will make a veggie tray, we’ll have granola bars, and some fun treats too! It's cheaper to cook ourselves and then we can buy t-shirts instead of Taco Bell :)

I’m excited to go, it should be a great time of being together, a great time of being with God. I always feel like I’ve had a hug from Him when I come home.

Psalm 142:6 Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me.

Comments

KayMac said…
ahhhh, sounds wonderful...altho when I think of you...I always picture you fired up and running on all cylinders!