Happy Father's Day!!

Today is Father's Day! I was always disappointed because rarely did we make something in school for Father's Day but we ALWAYS did Mother's Day...

But I always loved Father's Day, it was the day to celebrate my dad, he always took really good care of me. I'm still here, as he would say, in spite of myself!

Every year I buy a "Grandpa" shirt for my dad. This year, I walked right past the display but I found it! I know my dad loves to brag about Phyllis.

It's funny, I still love Father's Day! And I love to celebrate it with my dad, we're going to lunch today. In the past, we spent that time on the boat.

Even though I know it's probably not true, I usually feel like my dad loves me because I have Phyllis. My relationship over the past few years, especially lately, has changed with my dad, lately, I feel like he more pities me than is my dad and my friend. I am not really sure how to change that, but I'm thankful for him, no matter the role he plays in my life. He's always there for me, he's actually always there for everyone, that's just the kind of man my gram raised.

He will always be my hero. It's funny how some things never change.

“The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son (daughter) delights in him.”- Proverbs 23:24

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
He certainly raised a great daughter in you!
Karen said…
God, our Father, does not look down from heaven and look at us with pity - he looks down and loves us - despite ourselves. Your father does not pity you - he loves you. You are part of him and were made in love. I think he may look at you and wish life was easier - he knows how hard it is to raise a child on your own. You are entitled to your "feelings" Mugs - but I "feel" you are off in the interpetation you chose in that paragraph. When life gives you lemons - you make lemonade. Things will grow where they are planted - given proper care.
I love you Girl - You may never be chosen first and always given the brainless jobs - but I love you and for that - you have no choice.