More Blooming!


I went out yesterday to check out my make shift garden. It’s crazy how excited I am!!

I even stopped at Wal-Mart and got little tags to put by each plant, what a nerd. There is something about planting veggies and watching them grow. I even think my zucchini plants have tripled in size since the weekend when I planted them. My girlfriend has nick-named me the zucchini queen since I put zucchini in almost everything (trying to sneak in a veggie where I can). The basil is flowering, the mint is spreading, the parsley is growing, and the tomato plants have little flowers on them already!! Even my cantaloupes I planted are growing; everything I’ve planted is pretty much an experiment since I’ve never really had a garden before.

Since I always equate everything to God or a lesson, “what am I supposed to learn from this?”, I found myself wondering how proud God must be when He plants us somewhere and we bloom. And like my cantaloupe that are not in the best environment for them to grow, they are still growing, and my life is often like that. Having a child without being married is not the ideal situation, however, I believe that I have bloomed into a good mom and I am thriving in the environment, needing some sunshine (blessings and encouragement), water (food, love), and fertilizer (the Word & God) as I go.

Even my flowers that I transplanted are doing well, and I dropped some seeds in the flower beds last night (because I knew it would rain today).

I will take some pictures soon so you can see all that will be harvested soon!!

Isaiah 35:2 it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the LORD, the splendor of our God.

Comments

Trish said…
Waiting for your photo's... sounds like you are enjoying your garden!
Sara said…
get those pics going! my silly garden is blooming and it makes me happy too!
Vikki said…
i love how you always look for a lesson