It went well

Phyllis had her oral surgery today. It was pretty major. 1 transplant (she had tooth in the roof of her mouth and it had to be put in the right place), 1 wisdom tooth extraction, and 2 of her back molers “straightened out” “they were coming in sideways instead of up and down.

I don’t really know who had more anxiety over the whole thing, me or her. I have a weak WEAK stomach when it comes to blood. Ick. I could never be a nurse, even though I come from a long line of nurses. I even felt like I was going to throw up when they pulled out the gauze, I know, I’m a wimp.

They numbed her and drugged her up really well, so she is doing well. She’s iced up to reduce swelling, watching Cinderella. She should be “out cold” in about 5 more minutes.

Again, I was walking out the Dr’s office, holding my daughter up.

Thank You God for great doctors
Thank You God for compassionate nurses
Thank You God for good insurance
Thank You God for the money to pay my portion
Thank You God for good meds
Thank You God for giving me a strong enough stomach not to throw up

I just can’t help it sometimes, I can’t help but to thank God for so many things. Keep praying for quick healing!!

Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

Comments

Trish said…
Wow! Will be praying for her!
My daughter Mandy had a tooth in the roof of her mouth and went through the same surgery to bring it down.
Will be praying for you too, Mama's always need it when their babies are hurting!
Sara said…
i'm so glad it's over!
KayMac said…
amen. thank you, Lord, for taking care of Phyllis AND her mom.