The rain came down...down... down...



So what did you do today? We had a busy day planned… it ended up being a grand adventure!!

We were driving through Allen Park during “flood ‘08”. The water just came down too fast and the sewers couldn’t keep up, besides all the leaves that were brought down by the storms, that was clogging up the drains too. It finally stopped raining, and eventually we were able to navigate… that is until we would get to an intersection that was too deep… and then we’d sit there. Until… Phyllis and I decided to clean out the sewer drains so the water could flow freely. We laughed, and we wondered what people thought… until some chucklehead told us what he thought… and then I yelled at him, and his neighbor said “oh don’t worry about him, he’s a <<>>.” We cleaned out about 12 sewer drains. It was funny.

I felt like Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day…
It was crazy and fun!

Comments

Pat said…
Good for you, that's what I call being a good citizen!
Trish said…
I love Pooh and I loved the rain!
You are such fun and are making great memories for your daughter!