Catching Up!

Its been awhile since I wrote last, I’ve had a lot of thoughts in my head, a lot of people on my heart, I just haven’t had time. So I will get you all caught up… sorry for the rambling.

We went to Desperation Conference and… for the kids it was great, it got them recharged. To be honest, I had this very anxious feeling. I didn’t feel like I belonged there. I continually felt like there was something else for me. Even during worship, I couldn’t engage with God like normal. We spoke but it wasn’t like praise and worship, it was just different. Friday every time I opened my bible it was to Isaiah. I mean EVERY TIME! I would think I’d be opening to psalms… Isaiah… Matthew… Isaiah… Revelations… Isaiah. God knew I needed to be in Isaiah. And as I side note… Whenever it’s Isaiah I always think of the of old Detroit Edison commercial where Isaiah Thomas’ mother says “Oh Isaiah”. And I kind of think that. Isaiah is a hard read for me. It’s packed with a lot of good stuff, but for me, it’s a hard read especially without my study bible. Rarely do I carry my study bible with me, it’s my pink beat up one that travels in my purse, frankly because the other one is just too heavy. However, I brought my study bible “on accident” along with my standard pink one. I had lent it to one of the kids for the trip. It was nuts because I actually had forgotten it was there until someone said something… Oh thank You Jesus!! So Saturday morning instead of going to the conference, I spent my time reading Isaiah and was filled up like crazy, my mood changed. God said to me “you do not need a conference to go deeper with me” and “everyone worships differently, don’t be troubled”. After reading, I proceeded to prepare all the stuff for lunch. And then once the kids came to eat… I prepared for dinner, sorted plastic silverware. I sang and praised, and sorted silverware. It seems funny to worship sorting silverware… but I did. I made dinner, that was SO yummy!! And I got everything put away, and right before they came out of the conference, I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, staged the snacks, and water so we didn’t have to stop and eat and could go home. Again… worshipping the whole time. Thank You God for my gifts. They really are fabulous although they are not glamourous… they are fabulous. I came back more rev’d up then I could have imagined.

We were so blessed to have Deas Vail (and Coin Laundry Loser) play at Alive last night. This is my opinion, I thought they were good, kind, and sweet and thankful. Monday morning my house looked like a college dorm. Young people everywhere.

Typically I cook for the bands that come. I always figure it’s good to feed them a good meal because they eat pizza and fast food while out on the road. It seems kind of silly, but I always do that. It’s my gift and I love giving my gift away only to be blessed even more.

For some reason, I don’t know what happened but the band didn’t have a place to stay. “you can stay at our house” came right out of my mouth. We brought the leftovers from dinner home and they feasted some more… Chicken enchiladas, taco dip, Spanish rice, and the normal compliment to that meal… lasagna. Before going to bed, I threw together a French toast casserole for them to make before they left to go back on the road.

I went to a funeral visitation for a friend in my life group. He was 58 which seems so young. What a great man. He loved his family, He loved God. He was real, and loved. He was funny and he loved. The world is a better place for those who knew him, he is in Heaven and he will be missed. My prayer… for God to keep his family, and to call those who haven’t answered so loud, they can’t help but answer.

And one last thought ... Love Wins! Everytime.
2 Corin 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Comments

KayMac said…
YOU are the gift...best one of all.