Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, July 28, 2008


It’s beginning to be harvest time! I’m so excited!

I got my first zucchini last weekend, and ate my first cucumber today for lunch. I have lots of blooms but not a lot of veggies yet! The tomatoes are coming, they are green, but they will be red soon! I’m really excited.

My garden was an experiment. Next year, note to self: Max 4 tomatoes plants in the area where I planted 6. Also note to self… Zucchini plants should be further apart, and peppers don’t do well in the area I planted them in, no cantalopes at all. Oh well, it was worth a try.

I can’t wait to make zucchini parmesan and homemade salsa… YUM!!

If you’ve never seen the bloom on a zucchini plant, you’re missing out! It’s beautiful! And it has a wonderful vegetable attached to it.

3 comments:

KayMac said...

I gotta get me some veggie plants next year!

Jada's Gigi said...

I love it when the garden starts coming in!! enjoy!

Pat said...

I feel the same way about my garden...pure joy! Did you know that fried zucchini blossoms are served in the finest resturants? I'd rather leave them on the vine!