prayer


“what do you need me to do, except pray, because I’m already doing that”.

That is my response in a time of need. You see, I am that person who really has it in her heart to help. I fall short, or I’m uber busy, but I try. There is one thing I can always do, pray.

Now, I’ve been told that if you want to pray correctly, you need to go to a quiet place just like Jesus. Like praying at my desk or in the car or while making food doesn’t count. Let me just confess this right now, I hardly ever go to a quiet place to pray, because if I did, I’d be snoozing in 3.5 minutes. It is entirely true when I tell you that I fall asleep praying, that is, if I want a good night’s sleep. Falling asleep in the Arms of God is the best way I’ve found to fall asleep and stay asleep. I can also tell you that I pray (and worship) most effectively when cooking. Even if it’s making macaroni and cheese from a box or melting cheese on nachos. If asked to pray on a blog, I pray right then. And somehow, I am drawn to the blog even more, and I pray each time I visit.

I pray while I worship in song because I think sometimes we need the words others write when we don’t have our own. And quite often, I pray with my heart and no words because I believe that God can hear my heart (mostly because it’s truer) better than any words my mouth/brain could conjure up.

I think sometimes people (who don’t truly understand prayer) underestimate it’s power. I’ve asked for prayer many times. There have been many times when I’ve asked for it, and have been lifted so high in prayer that I could actually feel it’s power. Prayer is amazing.

So…

What can I pray for?

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Comments

Trish said…
I pray while cleaning house... worship music always on in the background. I... like you, pray in bed at night, if I wake up and can't sleep... I pray.
Lord bless Margie... she has a heart full of love, she is a giver... use her to show others your love. Give her the desires of her heart!
Amen
Becky said…
God-JUST bless Margie.
hehehe

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Jada's Gigi said…
I to pray in al sorts of ways and alway immediatley when asked to on a blog and sometimes..often times actually, when i don't know what to pray i simply say "Lord, _____" fill in the blank with that person's name. He knows..
If you'd like to pray,here's a request for you:
pray for my daughter, she is making some dumb decisions and putting herself in dumb and even dangerous environments.
I'd appreciate it.