Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Enjoying the weekend!

Its been an enjoyable weekend!

Friday we went up to Grace Centers of Hope, we had a big breakfast at home, Phyllis made pancakes (banana & choc chip), and we had biscuits & gravy, sausage, and quiche without the crust. We served by doing some stuff in the kitchen, and 3 of the kids went to the thrift store to help do 'stuff'. Later, I made dinner for Phyllis, Gibbie, & Lexi, it wasn't anything super fancy, it was just yummy, home cooked food. It was just a good day.

Yesterday was a beautiful day on the boat, read a bunch of my book, got a little sunburn, it wasn't too hot so I didn't spend too much time in the water but it was VERY relaxing. I came home and watched one of my very favorite movies, Invinceable with Mark Wahlberg. And I did do some cleaning... how does the ceiling fans get so dirty if they never stop spinning (what the heck!)

Today is another day on the boat and Alive! I love being on the boat and this summer we just didn't get out like usual.

Tomorrow is a big party for Kirstin, we are celebrating love. She leaves for Uganda on Tuesday and she needs the proper send off! Funny thing, I asked for her requests... she only had one. Puppy chow. Ha! That is probably the easiest request I've ever gotten. We are going to have a lot more than that, I can't wait to celebrate her!

I love long weekends! The schedule is about to start, back to school on Tuesday for Phyllis. I usually am ready for the schedule to start back up but this year... I could enjoy the summer forever!

Happy Labor Day weekend!!

Psalm 116:7 (msg) I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."

I love this song...

No comments: