Love of the Word

I love Paul. Not from the Beatles but from the Bible. Often, I am not sure what to read or where to start. When all else fails, read something by Paul. There is a lot to choose from, there is so much wisdom and guidance in his writings, it' s hard not to fall in love with every word, even the words when he tells us to stop being knuckleheads.

I think of all the books, Romans is my favorite. My heart jumps, almost like leaping on to pages as soon as I open them. If I had to pick two favorite scriptures they are both from Romans...

Romans 12:2 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (the bolded part is around my neck everyday)

But I think my very favorite is:
Romans 8:38-39 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How can you not love that. No matter how hard anything pulls or pushes, no matter what you do or don't do... nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Man, that just blows me away. Doesn't it just make you all joyful inside!

Don't ever forget that.

Comments

kimmieblair said…
Margie -

I love Romans as well. I was just reading it this morning.

I'm thankful that we've met. You are an inspiration to me as a parent and fellow Christian.

My favorite verses in Romans read:

ROM 9: . . Be devoted to one another in brotherly love, honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord always. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer (Amen!). . . . 16Live in harmony with one another . . 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I try to reflect on these verses often, primarily before entering the building in the morning, or leaving my house!

You are truly gifted, keep writing sister!

KB