Spreading Love, being gracious


I love to do things for others. Whether it's making/writing a note card or buying someone lunch, or making sure there is alfredo sauce when I know they can't eat tomato sauce. That's me.

I'm not so good at actually getting a blessing. I always feel like I am totally undeserving. After all, I know where I've been, I know what I've done, and I know what I continue to struggle with.

Yesterday I went out with one of my most favorite people in the world. We had dinner and she wanted to buy me dinner. I was like "let's just split it" and then came the look. It wasn't a mean look it was a look of "please, I want to do this for you, don't rob me of a blessing". So I let the blessings flow.

We are about to start a new series at Metro. Live LOVE LOUD! I've excited about the series, but I am most excited about putting it into action. I don't like to let love go unnoticed, or undone.

I have sometimes wierd ways of showing love, or what some might say are wierd. In my house, I always try to make sure that there is V8 Fruit Juice in the house, and favorite meals when I cook (just because I can cook, doesn't mean I always do) - Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Tacos, Enchiladas, cheese potatoes. I think little things are important, especially when cooking for others... I know Katie loves olives, but Adam doesn't. Ava loves parfait with blueberries and chocolate chips, Ashley means no peanut butter on a sandwich, and alfredo sauce on noodles, Billy - no milk products, Angie no tomatoes, Bethlyn no mushrooms...

I often tell people they need to know and understand how they love and how they want to be loved in return. To some love is BIG things, some it's a spoken word, and some it's a little thing that may go unnoticed by some and HUGELY noticed by others. It's important to communicate those things so that one is not feeling unloved.

All this being said about others, it's important to love ourselves. To know, understand, and live out what makes us feel loved. For myself, I can get caught up in living out what makes others happy (and I get joy in that), but I forget what I like. This weekend, I am going to a woman's seminar/simulcast and I'm excited to hear what God has to say, I'm going to get my nails done, have lunch, do things for me.

Luke 10:27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"


Comments