First day of school

Today is the first day of school for most around here. There are a few schools who have already started and at least one that doesn't start until tomorrow.
I hate that summer is over. I love that a new season is fast approaching. I can't help but think of the lives that are going to be changed in a more positive way this year. I think of the hope that comes from learning something new and loving it. I think of "my kids" who have been and will continue to pray for their friends who need Jesus. I think of my daughter who is preparing for this year by putting bible verses in her locker. To help reach her friends who say "God can't love me, I've already done too much". Here's the thing, she just didn't pick any scripture, she chose the ones she thought were best suited for her friends. I was so proud. I always have to laugh when God puts scripture in our hearts and those close to us to remind us that He wasn't kidding when He told (not asked) us to stand on His Word. Because as it says in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"... The two she chose...

1 Tim 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

Romans 8:38-39 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

She doesn't mess around, my daughter, she is true and constant about where she stands with God and in her mind she can't figure out why you shouldn't want to live in the life of Christ. It's easier. Sure she struggles, and she watches her friends struggle. In her mind, there's no other way, but His way.

Today starts back peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches, it starts back the routine of school (and being late for work because I drop her off). Today reminds me of all the days I've dropped her off and taken her out but now, I don't do that. Today starts the hope of Christ that will run through the school and through the love in the lives of the kids who are His.

I think of this year, and I want God to raise up the teachers who can encourage the students who love Him. I think of the students who need to be bold and brave about what God has done in their lives. I think of the students who at such a young age who blame God for the crap that they live through.

This year, I want assemblies led by Youth Pastors (Adam and others!) that teach the lessons of Christ even if we can't mention Him but we can invite them to Alive (or other Youth Groups). I want God to literally blow the doors off the schools with His love. I want to run out of seats in Youth Groups all over Downriver so that the students can learn more about Him and love Him more and more everyday! I want to see a changed world, changed by real Hope that the kind that presidential canidates promise, REAL HOPE, I want to see the world changed by love, HIS LOVE.

I know that God can do "exceedingly abundantly more than we ask for or even think" (Pastor Clark from GCH always says that - and I believe it too!). I know that God can do all these things and more!
Let the praying commence! May God move in love and grace through our schools like we've never seen!

Exodus 1:7 but the Israelites were fruitful and multiplied greatly and became exceedingly numerous, so that the land was filled with them.

Comments

Stacy said…
Your little Phyllis is GREAT, but then again check out her AMAZING example!!
Becky said…
yippee! school is here, school is here! big boys this year! 4th and
5th grades!
Pat said…
What an awesome gift to be sent to school wearing the armor of God. She is a great ambassador of Christ.