Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit... again


Gal 5:22-23 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

After reading Pastor Chilly’s ** guest writers (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control.)last week about the fruit of the spirit, which God had already laid on my heart prior to that, I have concluded one thing. I am not a good Christian. I don’t know if there is such a thing really as a “good” Christian. Because if we were really all that “good” then would we really need Christ? Anyway, maybe the conclusion is that I really have a really really long way to go, and if it’s only when we are done learning what God has to teach us, I may live until I am 257,893 year old. That would be one for the record book. And that’s a lot of lessons…

And by the way it’s FRUIT of the spirit, not fruitS of the spirit. I think it may be an all or nothing thing, but I’m really not sure. I’m working on picking up a study on it, would love to do
Beth Moore’s but it’s $10 MORE than anyone elses. And that just makes me crazy, but that’s another blog… But I am trying to figure out which one to do...

So let’s break it down…

Love. I think for the most part, I got the love thing down. I love big. Sometimes maybe a little too big, but there is no doubt in my mind that I love. But after examining the rest of the fruit, maybe not enough.

Joy. Joy is not dependent on circumstances but your heart. For the most part, I think I have that one too. There is a lot of joy in my heart. I’m usually pretty joyful no matter where I am.

Peace. There is not much to check there. Peace, maybe piece, like piece of cake, brownie, cheese, pizza. I have the piece but not the peace. I am quite unsettled most of the time.

Patience. Nope. Not that one either. I want it, and I want it now!

Kindness. I sometimes have this one. I have two people in my life right now that I just am having a difficult time with them. One is a snitch, and the other is annoying. The first one is very difficult for me to even comprehend. I just can’t get why someone would “snitch” on someone and just not address the issue with the person not snitching. The second one is a little annoying, however, he TRIES to annoy me to be funny, unfortunately, that makes me see nothing good about him, because all I see is annoying. No kindness there.

Goodness. According to what I read (because I haven’t done my study yet) goodness = usefulness. I would say that I use my gifts making me ‘useful’. I often feel like maybe I should do more… but I do what I feel like I am doing what I am called to do. What God wants me to do rather what I wants me to do. I’ve got some studying ahead of me.

Faithfulness. For the most part (that’s my out) I am faithful. I love God, however, if I was more faithful to living His way and His word, maybe I’d have the rest of the ‘fruit’.

Gentleness. Is a bull gentle in a china shop? I’m not so gentle. I don’t know why but I am empathetic but because my whole life I’ve just had pull up my big girl panties and get on iwht my bad self, so I sometimes expect everyone else to do the same. However, I realize that could be part of the problem of my ‘missing’ fruit.

Self-control – I’m a “little” too passionate. I’ll leave it at that. Ugh.

I have a lot of work ahead of me. Fruit of the Spirit here I come. I can’t wait, with each bite, it will be pure God given knowledge.
Job 6:24 "Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong.
**Pastor Chilly is from Real Church in Ham-town (I've been checking them out for awhile, hoping that in some way Alive/Fuel can serve with them). Netta (on the right is his beautiful spirited wife)

1 comment:

Trish said...

Love this...we can never love too much or be too kind.