A journey of 1000 miles...

...begins with a single step.

I don't know exactly how I am going to deal with the fact that I hate myself for what I've become. Don't say to me that "God made me this way". Because He didn't. Too many cheezits, cheese, nachos, pop, McDonald's, bad choices at resturaunts and at home, too much on my plate, cupcakes, cookies, and my lack of self-control made me this way.

But one cookie didn't make me fat, and so I must remember that just like it went on, it has to come off one ounce or even pound at time. One choice at a time. It means eating homemade roasted veggies without any oil instead of a bag of chips with my lunch. It means drinking ALL my water EVERYDAY. It means walking on my lunch hour. Good habits formed and continued.

And with the advice of a good friend, it means setting a goal of an accomplishment other than a number on a tag or a number on a scale. For her, a half marathon, for me, I'm not sure yet.

I've decided that living a life hating myself is no way to live. But it's me, on the inside and the outside, that can change it, only me (with a lot of prayer).

And maybe someday when someone texts me again saying "You're CRAZY beautiful" I will believe it.

Isaiah 35:8-9
8 And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it.
9 No lion will be there,
nor will any ferocious beast get up on it;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there,

Comments

Trish said…
Margie...all we can do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, eat those veggies and walk...one step at a time and one day at a time!
Love you, you are in my prayers!
Stacy said…
You have already taken that single step! Great job, my friend!