Love is the way


I’m always amazed when people say “I don’t know how you do it” and Sunday she walked away saying “you are such an inspiration”

I just think to myself “I’m always tired and my house is always a mess". And I am in constant prayer. I think that’s the key. Not the tired part but the constant prayer thing. I’m not that smart or emotionally stable, but I love God and I talk to Him all the time. Not only that, I am open to what He has to tell me, and quite often, I honestly don’t always like what He has to say, but it’s not my job to like it, it’s my job to be obedient.

I have a heart for this generation of young people. There is a song that the Alive Band has written, Final Hour, my favorite part is “I’LL FIGHT FOR THIS GENERATION”. It means that I can’t give up. I’ve got Power behind me. I know a lot of people don’t understand, and I don’t put the hours in like Adam, our AMAZING Youth Pastor and his BEAUTIFUL wife Katie, but my life revolves around Youth Ministry, whether people understand it or not. And sometimes, I just don’t understand it myself.

The fact of the matter is, no matter how much I want to be married, life is more important (I also figure if I am doing what I am supposed to do, God will take care of the rest). A life that is only found in Christ. Everlasting Salvation – that kind of life! I meet enough kids to know that they are hurting, they’ve made bad choices, but they also pay the consequence of the bad choices for generations before them. And most of them, let’s just be honest, don’t feel loved, so they become selfish. We need to love. We need to love each other. And we let each other down, however, we still love each other. I tell Phyllis, while loving (and being frustrated), we need to have love and grace like peanut butter. Just like the JIF commercials where the knife just smears it on and there is no bread torn, just a big ol’ heaping of smooth peanut butter. I don’t know if that makes sense to anyone but us, but it works.

I am not sure how it is I do it. I know that God continues to work in and through me, and I am just the conduit from Him to them. And that’s all that matters.

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”- Psalm 143:10

Comments

Trish said…
You can do all things because Christ strengthens you!