"my gut"


My daughter will watch someone for months before she trusts someone. As an example, she made sure Muscle Mike was who he said he was for SIX MONTHS before she really talked to him. He was who he said he was.

I know someone else that she watched for about that long too, and she wasn't so sure about him, and low and behold, she felt he wasn't who he said he was. And I think she was right.

I am kind of the same way. There are people who I believe that are trustworthy from the moment I meet them (like Sara), the Holy Spirit gives me the 'go ahead' but most people I keep them at a distance until I feel that they can be trusted.

I had met someone who didn't seem like she had it all together. People think she's awesome and I think she has many good traits, however, I think she's like a used car salesman, she talks a good game, but not sure at this point if she can deliver. It's my opinion. I don't have a good feeling about it. I trust that true character, in due time, is always revealed.

Another person I just met. I have one word. Shady. I've watched this person a couple times now, and I'm watching him 'vi for position'. He's playing a game. Targeting younger people because they are easier to win over. Not as much experience. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't really think I am.

I'm like a mama bear, I watch over my cubs very carefully, and should some harm even approach my cubs. Let's just say that it won't be pretty.

The Holy Spirit is so powerful. I think that when we are open to hearing what He has to say, He is that feeling we get, known as "our gut", it is an amazing thing, it's like pure guidance. I've learned that if I have that uneasy feeling, and I go against it, I am usually sorry. And I honestly haven't found a time when that feeling is wrong.

John 14:15-16 15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Comments

Becky said…
you are the momma!