Not what I expected


Have you ever seen the movie Under the Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane? total chic flick, I like those kind. She gets divorced, really because her hubby leaves her for someone else. She goes on vacation to Tuscany only to decide to buy a rundown house and fix it up. At one point she says she wants to feed a family in the house, have a wedding, and have a baby born in the house. I think in her mind she wants those for herself. The advice given: "you can have all those things".

She finds family in friends and the guys fixing up her house and she makes glorious dinners for them. Check. Her neighbor's daughter falls in love with the polish guy, they get married in her house. check. check. Her friend has a baby in the house. check check check. All the desires of her heart fulfilled.

My life is not as I imagined. But I love it.

Yesterday I made Thursday Dinner. it's the only night of the week we are home and it's the night of the week when I cook dinner. Ashley now lives with us, Gibbie (Phyllis's boyfriend), Muscle Mike (who lives in the upstairs), and Favot came over for dinner. We had pork chops, cheese potatoes, fresh green beans, yellow dry cake mix with peaches and ice cream.

I worked my butt off cooking and doing dishes, and watching these people I love enjoying it was wonderful! We all sat around while the girls made things for their lockers with scripture verses and decorated their planners or whatever they called them. Just living life in love.

I think one of my heart's desires completed... check! Having a big family. I truly believe that God gives us the desires of our hearts only to fulfill them, in His time.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Comments

Trish said…
Margie...you so remind me of my Mama! She took in cousins, kids from our neighborhood and she had 8kids of her own to care for!!! She was always...cooking and cleaning! Loving everybody!
You bless me so!!!