SYATP



I often feel as though I take a lot of flack for loving teenagers. I feel that people look at me and wonder "she's letting another teenager move into her home, and this time, she's building her a room, ugh".

This is what I think. I think I was made to love teenagers. I really do love them. People say "too much of a good thing..." let me finish the sentence... "is a good thing".
Today is See You At The Pole. You can hit the link and check it out, but here's the basics, kids from ALL OVER THE WORLD get together and pray for their schools, for their friends, for their cities, for God to MOVE! They pray for themselves, they pray for each other. I went to support some of the students that go to Alive. I was going to go to Roosevelt, but there was already 3 leaders going there, so I went to Lincoln Park High. I was a few minutes late, I forgot my phone, then the camera, then the cord for the camera. Ugh! satan, STOMP! So I got there, I took some pictures, I prayed for 'my kids' and the other kids. It was amazing, it was like I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit travel through the doors. Oh, it was great! When it was all over one of 'my kids' looked up and saw me, and she was so excited (I'm getting misty thinking about it!) that I was there. I had stood behind her and prayed and she didn't even know :). I was so blessed by just the look on her face, it will forever be etched in my heart, but that look was as if God said to me "see, I need you here, you are making a difference, for ME!".

Tonight is 1721 Worship where the students of downriver unite in worship to a God who loves us and moves in and through us based on John 17:21. I can't wait!!
John 17:20-21 20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Comments

Trish said…
I love your BIG heart and your zest for life!!!!
Amber Land said…
That made me cry! I can appreciate your love for them. I have no doubt that they all need you there. If everybody loved as much as you and actually showed in their actions I think we could change the world. Seriously!
Deb said…
For sure it is a gift from God that you have such a love and desire to work with teens! I have always been so appreciative of those with that gift. It is so not me. I can handle kids one on one - which is why the Lord knew what He was doing when He allowed me to have only one child. I can't tell you the number of times my brain wants to explode when Olivia brings a friend home. The chaos is too much for me! I know - pitiful.