"The times I'm most frustrated with my lifeis usually because I'm only thinking of MY life."

I read this quote from Netta and I thought… oh man that is so true…

I think the times when I struggle is when I become a sponge and I am completely self-absorbed. Sure we all have things we can work on, we all struggle, but my struggles seem like mountains instead of grains of sand when I think about me.

I’ve been praying about something. Something that God had laid on my heart and I think it might come to fruition. I think that I am completely starting to see the vision of God in it. I am excited, and I am going to let go of the things irritating me or at least I am going to try. I have to start somewhere, and I think that’s where I am going to start. If I hold on to crap, it’s just going to get stinkier and stinkier until I am overwhelmed with the smell, and in a gross way, consumed by it. Until that’s all I can see. Until it seems like it’s the only thing I am surrounded by. Ick.

I feel like I have been doing 2 steps forward, 1 step back lately. I have to remember that I am still one step ahead. I know that some of you may be reading this blog and think “what the heck is wrong with her?”, let me tell you, I wonder that about myself quite often.

God lives in me. I am a child of God. Loved by a God in a way that I will never understand, covered by grace. And yet, I still am like “what the heck?” I won’t stop forging ahead; I won’t stop living in the light, loving in a world that doesn’t like it. Fighting battles for those who can’t fight for themselves, and I probably won’t stop being attacked. But I am loved, I am protected. I am already won. And there’s more that we can’t let die in the battle for their lives.


Gal 5:16-23 16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.


19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.


22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
Hi Margie, just popping in checking up on you. I always get inspired about your walk and struggles in your Christian faith. You always lay out your heart on the table and let others learn from your ups and downs. Just wanted to give you a big hug from a friend in the North Woods.

{{{hugs}}}