Trying to focus on the right things

I am trying not to focus my whole life on losing weight and food. That's a battle considering I go to bed thinking about breakfast, before or as I am eating breakfast I'm thinking about lunch, during lunch I am thinking about dinner... and then snacks. I was going to make scrambled eggs for breakfast but i didn't get up in time, so I had plain oatmeal with peanutbutter and pieces of banana in it (I hate oatmeal but the peanut butter and the banana made it tolerable). Not as good as eggs or McDonald's, but we're supposed to eat to live, not live to eat. Somehow, I got that confused all these years. Gotta get those words in the right order. I am tracking my calories (for free!) on http://caloriecount.about.com/, it's pretty cool because they even rate your food, for example if you are looking for a peanut butter, which ones are better for you than others, Jif PB is a C+, while regular PB, chunky is B. Helps to evaulate choices... hmmm... pretty cool. The only thing I didn't like (because I like INSTANT results) is that I may not reach my goal weight until 2010. Ugh, that seems a long time away.

I brought my camera to work so you can see the beautiousness that I get to walk in. I was thinking what a blessing it is that there is a beautiful wooded area behind our parking lot.

I started reading 'Believing God' by Beth Moore. I am in Chapter 1 and taking it kind of slow, sinking it in, not just speeding through it. This part of the book really hit me last night. She says she has to remember this in all things.

God is who He says He is.

God can do what He says He can do.

I am who God says I am.

God's word is alive and active in me.

I can do all things in Christ.

How true is all that? I think that if we remember to live by those 5 sentences, we can't go wrong. I love the 4th one, God's work is alive and active in me. It is a gentle reminder that we need to always stay in God's Word to help with the other 4. Think about it... if you want to know who God is, read about who He is. If you want to know about what He can do, read about it. If you want to know who you are in Christ, and who He says you are, read about it, listen for the Holy Spirit to tell you about who you are. And the last one, I can do ALL things in Christ. If you know all those things, you know that God has saved you, He has redeemed you, and in Him, you have, you are strong, and wise, you have joy and love.

Wow.

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,”- Philippians 1:9-10

Comments

Stacy said…
I love "Believing God"! It is the devotional that I did during my hardest months of life! I still remember those 5 statements! They remain in my heart! As far as 2010 for your achievement, eh, kick up the exercise a notch if you can, and eat the way God intended you to: fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, etc. And you hit the nail on the head, "eat to live, not live to eat"; although an occasional indulgence into a Ben & Jerry's tub is OK!
Mrs. Mac said…
Margie ... you ARE the most focused person I know. You just have a gift with putting your heart out there for others to share your experience with God. You bless me every time I stop here for a visit. Hugs from the North Woods.