Learning to love... again


I've almost laughed out loud this week, God has put people in my life asking for my friendship (and I guess advice) only for me to think "you should take your own advice".

I'm learning to love myself a little more each day. Finding that I really do like who I am, and by "the world's" standards I'm a complete dork. I've got the gift of homemaking and taking care of my family first. It seems like a lost gift because so many people are all about me. I wish I could scream "if you put others first and make them happy, you don't really realize the things that dont' make you happy. smiles are contagious and so is love".

I'm figuring out who I am in Christ. I'm remembering that if it were only me, He still would have gotten up on that cross, because in Christ, I'm loved. And maybe even possibly beautiful :) (no matter how much I weigh).

I'm finding joy in seeing God's blessings wherever I go. I'm finding inspiration in the simpleness that others are living. I'm finding love around every corner (and in the straight-a-ways too). I'm learning where to look to find what I need instead of expecting it to come to me.

“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”- Proverbs 19:20-21

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
Really now, Margie. Have you ever looked up the word 'dork' in the dictionary? Don't call yourself that please ;) ... God has placed within you all the tools He needs you to have to be precious in His sight. You rock!